Updated September 16, 2021
Left Handed Banjo, Clawhammer Style, Second Lesson,
with Ryan Thomson - $29.95
This second DVD in the series teaches how to read the "tablature" in the Banjo Tab Book which is a transcription of the 19 tunes on the Great Bay Stomp banjo CD. Award winning banjo player and teacher Ryan Thomson slowly plays each tune so that you can study fingering and playing technique. Detailed instructions are given for 6 different banjo tunings, including A, double D, open D, and modal tunings. The tunes range in difficulty from very easy to advanced. This DVD is one hour and 38 minutes long.
Secure online payment, free shipping within the USA. Click here for instructions to mail payment or figure foreign shipping costs.
- Left Handed Banjo, Clawhammer Style, First Lesson, with Ryan Thomson DVD
- Complete - Learn to play Clawhammer banjo left handed Kit - includes 2 DVDs, Banjo Tab Book, Great Bay Stomp solo banjo CD.
- Great Bay Stomp CD and Banjo Tab Book with 19 tunes. - Here's a review of the CD:
“On this release, Ryan puts fiddle and band behind, and lays out 19 tracks of rock solid, solo, traditional claw hammer banjo...All are played confidently, evenly, and with a maturity that comes from living with the music over time...The impression this recording gives is that of Thomson at home, relaxing with familiar tunes, and just having a comfortable time....Great Bay Stomp CD is a solid, pleasing and highly listenable recording that stands up well through repeated listening.”
The Old-Time Herald
Want to play banjo right handed? No problem, click here!
But if you want to stick with playing music lefty, here are more resources for you:
- Left Handed Fiddling for Beginners, click here.
- Playing the Violin and Fiddle Left Handed, click here.
- Irish Fiddle, Left Handed Style, click here.
Captain Fiddle Music Copyright ©