Used Folk Instruments
I often have several used instruments for sale at any particular time. My primary
occupation is as a performing musician rather than an instrument dealer, though I'm always
picking up used instruments to loan to students, or to trade towards better instruments
for my personal use.
All instruments listed for sale are in good playing condition:
- Turn of the century high quality student violin in virtually new condition, beautiful
flamed maple back, $1000 , its not a Stradivarius copy, has a slightly different shape. label
says "The Pupil"
- High quality violin of unknown origin , label unreadable.(various opinions are American or
- Tenor banjo in good condition, neck is straight, its been played a lot and has moderate
fret wear, simple design with only dots on rose wood finger board, laminated maple rim, 24
brackets, 21 frets, the tuning pegs look metallic like aluminum, 29 inches long, 20.5 inches
from nut to bridge, open back, synthetic Waverly head, no case, label inside says: "Made
Expressly for the Oliver Ditson Company, Boston, New York," stamped into the wood is
"Souza's Make." $225.00
- A set of hand made wooden pine bones, rhythm percussion instruments. $12.00
- Titano 120 bass accordion, in perfect playing
condition, new bass strap, freshly tuned and
overhauled at a pro accordion shop, with case, "Ideal"
model, 15 1/8 inch keyboard, 2 reed blocks and 3
switches in the treble. $500, plus shipping.
What I'm looking for:
- Left handed violins, I'm more interested in original
left handed instrument srather than ones that have
been converted from a right handed model.
- a 24 or 32 bass accordion
- miscellaneous unusual instruments
I'll also barter instruments for audio, recording, or Apple Macintosh type computer