I can perform solo or in a band:
Please click on links below for more information and to watch videos.
1. Ryan Thomson solo - Tell me what you need or would like for your special event. Options
include: flute or violin for your wedding, strolling accordion or fiddle for your festival,
background instrumental music for your corporate gathering, Tin whistle and fiddle for a
celtic party, cajun accordion for a mardigras event, etc. Alternately, I can bring along my
whole collection of instruments and play my favorite tunes. Styles include cajun, celtic,
bluegrass, country, and more. Watch me play various instruments.
2. The Fiddling Thomsons - My son Brennish and I on a variety of folk instruments
including: twin fiddles, banjo, accordion, wooden spoons, flute, accordion, rub board, and
other instruments. Watch us perform at the Newmarket Heritage Festival.
3. Smoke and Mirrors - A fine New England style contra dance band. Click on our link to
watch us perform tunes and play at a community dance. Purchase our CD! - Really Smokin'
4. Crawdad Wranglers, cajun, zydeco, swing, originals, foot stomping two steps, blues,
rock, sizzling accordion and fiddle. Watch us perform at a cajun zydeco mardigras concert.
I also provide cajun dance instruction on request. Buy a Crawdad Wranglers CD!
5. A fun Barn Dance Band with New England roots led by a live dance teacher and caller,
and featuring lively fiddle and other folk instruments. Instruction and dancing is designed
for folks of all ages with no previous experience necessary. Social group dances include
circles, lines, contras, waltzes, and squares. A barn dance band is great for private parties,
weddings, barn raisings, and corporate functions. When folks are taking a break from the
dancing the band can entertain with songs and lively tunes.
6. Celtic band (Irish, Scottish) available. Watch and listen to Ryan play celtic flute and
dances. A demonstration video DVD is available on request.
8. I lead interactive and hands on educational workshops for any audience, where I
incorporate all of the above.